Order online now!
True Detective February 2023
Derek Bentley was a 19-year-old man with the mental age of an 11-year-old boy – but that didn’t stop the British justice system from exacting its full retribution upon him for the November 1952 murder in Croydon of PC Sidney Miles. It’s 70 years since Bentley went to the gallows for a murder he did not commit. An infamous miscarriage of justice, the case remains as shocking today as it was all those years ago. Marking the anniversary, TD begins a three-part, hard-hitting series about this most shameful of cases. See “The Hanging That Shamed British Justice” in this issue.
America’s Most Evil – “I Just Kill For A Living” takes us into the dark and deadly world of drug cartel enforcer and hit-man José Manuel Martínez, aka The Black Hand. An efficient murderer, he defied detection for three decades – until he let his personal feelings cloud his judgement…
John and Sarah Makin were very poor but that was no excuse for what they did. The couple were among Australia’s most notorious late-19th-century baby-farmers. Their ploy? To respond to adverts from mothers looking for someone to adopt a baby. Handing over a tot to the Makins guaranteed offspring anything but a happier future. Read “Hanged In Australia – Horrific Crimes Of Sydney’s Baby-Farmers” for the full story.
Highlights this issue include:
* Wife Was Prey On Killer Dentist’s Safari
* The Hanging That Shamed British Justice – Part One
* America’s Most Evil: “I Just Kill For A Living”
* Hanged In Australia: Horrific Deeds Of Sydney’s Baby-Farmers
* Death In The Line Of Duty: Part 2
* Questions & Answers: The Dirty Secret That Got A Murdering Lawman Killed
* Who Threw Hannah Down The Well?
* Triple-Murder At Avenue Villar
* Execution USA