She was a stunningly attractive former model; he was a handsome, self-made millionaire.
True Detective April 2015
She was a stunningly attractive former model; he was a handsome, self-made millionaire. Together, they made an enviably glamorous couple enjoying the good life in an upmarket suburb of Toronto. Yet all, as is so often the case, was not exactly what it seemed. On July 18th, 1973, Canada was shocked when Christine Demeter, wife of Hungarian-raised property developer Peter, was brutally murdered. It seemed like the work of a hit-man. But who was the killer – and who ordered the hit? A thrilling trip back to the 70s in Who Ordered The Hit On Model Christine?
Oscar-winning British actress Margaret Rutherford is fondly remembered by millions of people for her memorable roles in classic British films such as The Importance of Being Earnest, Blithe Spirit, Passport To Pimlico, and for her screen portrayal of Jane Marple, Agatha Christie’s Home Counties spinster with a passionate interest in stabbing, blackmail, cyanide, arsenic and the workings of the criminal mind. She was a talented performer. But when the larger-than-life actress sat down to write her autobiography, what she produced was, to some degree, fiction. What were the dark family secrets she was trying to hide from her adoring public? Don’t miss Margaret Rutherford, Miss Marple…And A Murder In Matlock…
When US Navy veteran Matt Podolak became ill in the spring of 2006, his partner Holly McFeeture, with whom he had two children, told his family not to worry – the stomach cramps, back ache and nausea he was suffering from were nothing to worry about. But she was lying and for years after Matt’s death that summer, Holly benefited from Matt’s life insurance payment and a Navy pension – until the case against her emerged. For the full story, see Holly Gave Her Man A Daily Dose Of Death. Enjoy the read – and let us know what you think!
* TD’s Crime Photos/Prize Competition
* Murder In A Paris Hotel
* Your Letters-More of your views
* Crimes That Made The Headlines – Part 30: Eastbourne’s Tragedy Of The Dead Baby
* True Detective’s Diary Of Murder – Part 4
* Make A Break: Wordsearch
* Holly Gave Her Man A Daily Dose Of Death
* Under The Spotlight: Albert Fish Faces Trial For The Murder Of Grace Budd
* Questions & Answers: Margaret Rutherford, Miss Marple…And A Murder In Matlock
* Execution USA
* Who Ordered The Hit On Model Christine?
* Why Maude’s Killer Owned Up – Nine Years Later
* Ireland’s Road Map To Murder – Part 10
* PLUS! Much more inside…