For more than 20 years Harry Crawford lived a lie,
Murder Most Foul No. 101
For more than 20 years Harry Crawford lived a lie, carrying off an astonishing gender deception whilst living the life of a macho man in New Zealand and Australia. For cursing, smoking Harry was actually an Italian-born woman named Eugenia Falleni – and the truth only came out after he turned killer.
What would turn a middle-aged farmer into the so-called “Borgia of america”? True, Hardscrabble, Ohio, was a dull place to live in the 1920s and for widowed mother-of-four Martha Wise life was certainly not full of luxury.
Scotland had never known a killer like Peter Manuel before. Cold-blooded and without a conscience, his two-year killing spree terrorised and appalled in equal measure. He considered himself to be a criminal mastermind, someone with the attributes and charm to evade capture and get away with the most gruesome, shocking killings. And, when he was captured, his extraordinary trial proved a sensation.
- Couples Who Kill : Diane The She Devil
- Opinion: More of Your Views
- Unsolved: Yorkshire’s Mystery Of the Murdered Prostitutes
- Beauty Queen Faces Execution
- What Three Dead Women Told Me
- Death Sentence For Sydney’s Man-Woman Murderer
- What Made Martha Kill?
- Rotting Corpse Behind The Secret Door
- A Monster Of Rape And Murder
- Lincolnshire’s Rice Pudding Poison Mystery
- Why Wife-Killer Stopped Shooting : “I Ran Out Of Bullets”
- Cynthia The Contract Killer
- Scotland’s Hunt For A Mass Killer