Order online now!
True Detective July 2022
Hollywood. It’s the Los Angeles neighbourhood synonymous with the film industry, stardom and glamour. The place where aspiring movie stars and tourists flock in their droves. And, sadly, it’s where serial killer Michael Gargiulo gained his notoriety. In 2021, years after the murders of Hollywood-based fashion student Ashley Ellerin and Maria Bruno, and the attempted murder of Michelle Murphy, 46-year-old Gargiulo was sentenced to death. What turned this native of Glenview, Illinois, into a killer? Read this issue’s America’s Most Evil – “From ‘Boy Next Door’ Killer To Hollywood Ripper” for the full story.
From Los Angeles to Philadelphia, and a remarkable story of injustice. Willie Stokes was nowhere near the scene of the crime when a man named Lesley Campbell was shot dead in 1980, yet, four years later, he ended up convicted of his murder. How could that possibly happen? Find out in “Sex, Drugs, Bribes… And How They Stole Half This Man’s Life”.
Finally, don’t miss “Hammer-Murder At A London Hotel”. Long-term resident Lady Alice White had been found by a chambermaid fatally wounded in her bedroom at the Spencer Hotel in Portman Street. Her killer had left no clue – and when Scotland Yard detectives solved the puzzling case the sentence would prove controversial…
Highlights this issue include:
* Sex, Drugs, Bribes… And How They Stole Half This Man’s Life
* Crimes That Made The Headlines: A Beast’s Trail Of Rape And Murder
* America’s Most Evil: From “Boy Next Door” Killer To Hollywood Ripper
* Hanged In Australia: Wife’s Body Was In Three Parts
* “Millionaire Seeks Slim Young Woman”
* No Hiding Place For A Hunted Wife
* Questions & Answers: Cleveland’s Christmas Murder – Still Unsolved To This Day
* Hanged In Wales: Cecilia’s Letter Of Horror
* Execution USA
* Hammer-Murder At A London Hotel