Order online now! Issue will be sent out to you on November 23rd or buy in shops from December 1st
True Detective January 2023
Britain’s police officers have come in for much criticism over the years – and, in recent times, appalling incidents of law-breaking and even murder have brought shame upon certain forces such as The Met. Yet despite these controversies, public criticism and understandably high levels of public disquiet, a fundamental, undeniable truth remains: that officers put themselves on the front line for the communities they serve every single day of the year – and, now and again, they pay for that dedication with their lives. Between 1900 and 2022, across England, Scotland and Wales, a total of 144 officers were killed while doing their job. In “Death In The Line Of Duty”, a new series starting in this issue, we shall be reporting each of those fatal incidents, starting with their first 11.
Mother-of-two Renee MacRae thought she was about to begin a new life with her secret married lover in November 1976. Instead, she and her three-year-old son Andrew were murdered and their bodies hidden. Now, 80-year-old William “Bill” MacDowell is behind bars for their murder. Read this issue’s “Crimes That Made The Headlines” – “Scotland’s Greatest Murder Mystery – Solved At Last” for the full story.
And in the powerful “Voice From Beyond The Grave” the extraordinary recorded testimony of murder victim Judy Malinowski is used in a Ohio court in a bid to bring her killer to justice. Don’t miss it.
Highlights this issue include:
* Voice From Beyond The Grave
* Crimes That Made The Headlines: “Scotland’s Greatest Murder Mystery” – Solved At Last
* America’s Most Evil: Child-Selling Monster Executed
* The Man Who Should Have Been Executed Twice
* Death At The Shannon Scheme
* New Series: Death In The Line Of Duty: Part 1
* Hanged In Australia: A Deadly Horseman Came Riding By
* Questions & Answers: Would They Hang The Depraved Killer From Derry?
* Execution USA