Welcome to this special December issue of True Detective in which the distinctive vintage cover
True Detective December 2018
Welcome to this special December issue of True Detective in which the distinctive vintage cover is just one of several nods to the magazine’s illustrious past! Within these pages you’ll find a pull-out double-sided poster featuring two classic covers of yesteryear. Part 1 of the fascinating tale of When True Detective Captured John Dillinger. Murder Was A Mystery At This Folkestone Shop, takes us back to the Kent of the mid-50s when a football pools win proved a crucial piece of evidence in catching a killer. And we travel back to 50s Ireland. For Questions & Answers – A Terrible Night In County Kildare, and a murder that proved a remarkable sequel to one committed in Belfast just three days earlier… Elsewhere, we go back to 30s Melbourne for Hanged In Australia – The Black And White Murder, while this month’s River of Death, asks, in 20s London: Did Wrong Man Hang For Tilbury Ship Murder?
For those crime buffs who like a challenge, there’s a 10-question quiz, with a £100 prize for the lucky winner and six-month TD subscriptions for three runners-up. Don’t miss it!
Enjoy the read – and let us know what you think!
- TD’s Crime Photos/Competition
- America’s Most Evil: “My Escape From A Serial Killer”
- Crimes That Made The Headlines: He Slaughtered Six – But Was Not Guilty Of Murder
- Your Letters More of your views
- Hanged In Australia: The Black And White Murder
- When True Detective Captured John Dillinger – Part 1
- £100 Prize Competition Crime quiz
- Murder Was A Mystery At This Folkestone Shop
- Questions & Answers: A Terrible Night In County Kildare
- River Of Death: Did Wrong Man Hang For Tilbury Ship Disaster?
- Execution USA