Order online now!
Master Detective June 2021
Women killers feature strongly in this month’s edition, beginning on this page with the deadly deeds of West Virginia hospital nursing assistant Reta Mays – every patient’s nightmare – and ending with the intriguing Florida case of Jody Bowman, “He Sexually Abused My Little Girl – So I Shot Him.” And this issue’s “MD Forum – Sad Death Of Florence, A Bootlegger’s Decoy”, takes us to Prohibition-era Canada and the memorable case of Florence Lassandro. Was justice served, following the shooting death of police constable Stephen Lawson? We’d love to hear what you think. Finally, and closer to home, is the horrific murder of a husband in Chard, Somerset. See “Women On The Gallows – Catherine Had To Be Carried To The Scaffold” for the full story.
Highlights this issue include:
* Angel Of Death: Why Nurse Reta Turned Serial Killer
* Scotland’s Classic Cases: Edinburgh Couple On Trial For Jamaica Street Murder
* European Crime Report: “Bodybuilder Took Steroids – Then Killed His Parents,”
“Suspect Caught Digging Brit Victim’s Grave,” “Ex-KGB Boss’s ‘Compost Heap’ Was A Grave,” “Freed – After 6,540 Days Wrongfully Imprisoned”
* A Golden Age…For Murder: Alice’s Head Was All But Severed
* Murder Of A Norfolk Farmer
* How Amazing Grace Beat The Racketeers
* MD Forum: Sad Death Of Florence, A Bootlegger’s Decoy
* Women On The Gallows: Catherine Had To Be Carried To The Scaffold
* Portsmouth’s Wartime Witch-Hunt
* “He Sexually Abused My Little Girl – So I Shot Him”