Charlize Theron "When my mother killed my father"
Master Detective Summer Special 2011
Packed with fascinating true crime reports from the pages of Master Detective, True Detective, True Crime and Murder Most Foul, the Master Detective Summer Special 2011 brings you “20 All True Murder Stories!”
* “YOU CAN’T KILL YOUR WIFE AND SHOOT THE JUDGE” – EVEN IN RENO!
A pawn-broker killed his wife and shot the judge handling their divorce
* SINCLAIR: “NOT GUILTY” OF THE WORLD’S END MURDERS:
The case of one of Scotland’s most horrific double-murders took 30 years to bring to court but the trial collapsed after only two weeks
* “WHEN MY MOTHER KILLED MY FATHER”:
Hollywood superstar Charlize Theron knows what despair is like. Only recently has she been able to talk publicly about how her father died
* DID ANNE HAVE HER SON AND HUSBANDS MURDERED?
Was Anne Trigwell the victim of a miscarriage of justice, or a cold-blooded killer who had her son and two husbands murdered?
* GANG BOSS BURNED GIRL ALIVE:
A bottle of petrol, a cigarette lighter – and suddenly the teenager burst into flames
* WINIFRED’S SEVEN-YEAR SECRET OF THE OLD MINE :
A body was discovered in a disused coal mining shaft at Walton, near Wakefield
* “MOM – THEY’RE GOING TO KILL ME”:
Thirteen-year-old’s terrified plea after naming two child rapists
* THE EX-COP, THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY, AND MURDER:
A lifelong bachelor found in his garage had been stabbed repeatedly in the head
* MURDERED – OVER THE PRICE OF A TIN OF VASELINE!
In West Yorkshire, a shop manageress was bludgeoned to death. Her killer hid for five hours inside the shop before he was discovered by police
* ONE-WAY RIDE :
In 1920s Chicago, the story of Hymie Weiss and his battle with Al Capone
* IRELAND’S REMARKABLE CASE OF THE THREE TRIALS AND 11 WITNESSES: Despite evidence from 11 people, a jury found Thomas Kelly guilty of murder
* LAKE ERIE’S BLUE COLLAR BOMBER :
Even the FBI were baffled over events that led to a man being killed by a bomb
* RETFORD’S SHIRLEY VALENTINE TRAGEDY :
A Nottinghamshire prison officer snapped when his wife left him for an Egyptian taxi driver she met on holiday
* “BURIED ALIVE” MONSTER CAGED AGAIN :
A convicted kidnapper who had confessed to a number of unsolved murders was jailed again
* SOLVED – THE NORFOLK ISLAND MURDER:
The first murder on this idyllic Pacific island
* THE LAST SEDUCTION: Did a Hollywood film inspire a stripper to plot her fiancé’s murder?
* MD VIEWPOINT AND PRIZE COMPETITION
* EVIL FROM CYBERSPACE : The London Nail Bomber set out to spread “fear, resentment and hatred”
* CONFESSIONS OF THE CHESSBOARD KILLER:
The Russian serial killer who placed a coin on a chessboard to represent each of his victims
* CHIKATILO WAS CHESSBOARD KILLER’S ROLE MODEL :
Charged with 36 murders, he denied two…
* THE TRAGIC AFFAIR OF THE WIDOW AND THE SIKH :
From Wales in the 1950s, the shooting of a Bridgend woman